Saturday, November 11, 2023

Interview: Leland Freeborn, the Parowan Prophet

Leland Freeborn - The Parowan Prophet...

By Gregory Knight


The following is a transcription of an interview with Leland Freeborn, a fundamentalist Mormon who is known far and wide as the 'Parowan Prophet.' The Fundamentalist Magazine wants to thank Bro. Freeborn for his consideration in granting time to discuss his life and prophecies.


The early life of Leland Freeborn...

I was born what everybody would call a Gentile. I wasn't born to an LDS family. My father was a farmer in California, a very successful farmer. I went to Bakersfield High School, junior college and and Fresno State College. 

Eventually, I sold out my interest in the family farms, a little over 3,000 acres. I bought my first farm here in Utah in 1973. I had joined the Mormon Church, I wasn't a member my whole life. The LDS missionaries came and I listened to their rendition of Joseph Smith's first vision. And I had not told anybody but my wife about an experience I had when I was young, and I didn't know what to call it, it really scared me. 

When I was about 15 or 16 years old, I don't remember the day, I had a vision; I understood what my calling was after I heard about Joseph Smith, and his vision. I saw my life passing before me and I didn't understand it all and it really scared me. At that time, I was sleeping in the basement of my parents' home. For a few weeks, I slept in my dad's den, because I didn't even want go downstairs and sleep there anymore. I was so scared. 

The missionaries told me about the Joseph's vision and when married we joined the church. A year later, we went to the temple and I got my endowment and my wife was sealed to me. I was then called into the presidency in Wasco, California, just a little branch of only about 100 people. I performed baptisms for the dead in the Los Angeles Temple. I did thousands of them because I was an auctioneer, after college. I had an auctioneer license, and I could talk real fast. So, when they found out I could really baptize a lot of kids in one day, that's what I did.

Then I worked for a few years on a farm and bought 500 acres here in the Parowan Valley, and then bought another 2,000 acres. And then I bought another 640 acres in Milford Valley.

On the 25th of October 1975, I was flying back my own plane from an airstrip on the Milford farm. I put an airship there, so I could fly over there in 20 minutes over the mountain, instead of having to drive an hour and a half every day. So, I was flying back from my Milford farm and I crashed. My father-in-law was with me and he got to stay, he went through the veil also while the two of us were together there. He got to stay and I was asked to come back. I was in a coma for 21 days, three weeks. And I hadn't done everything that was shown me when I was 16 years old. Jesus Christ asked me to come back. I didn't want to. 

He cried and had tears in his eyes and He said, 'You're the only one I have, I would have to appoint somebody else to do what you have to do. Do you remember what you have to do?' And I said no, I don't, so He put his hand on my head. The visions of eternity opened up and I was to move back down to Earth.

So, I said okay, I'll go back. He gave me a blessing and I leaned over and saw a wishing well that didn't have any apparatus, like a  raiser or buckets, just a little more than 10 feet across in a circle, about waist high. I leaned over and woke up in the hospital in Salt Lake City, and I had been in a coma for three weeks.

Coming home...

My wife had come home after she stayed with me for a week or 10 days while I was in the coma. She had to come home to take care of the kids, and so on. The hospital told her that I was conscious and she came back up. The second day that she was there I told her about my [vision] and what had happened, and the people that I said goodbye to. I told her that I was going to have 35 children, and she said, 'Oh my goodness, how is that going happen?"

I told her I would explain it to her, and almost instantly she said, 'I know how it's going to happen.'

She also told me, 'You know, when we joined the church, I read all the Journal of Discourses, the 26 volume set, and we're going to have to live plural marriage someday ... you're going to have to have more wives.'

Both legs were broken in compound fractures, that means the bone came through the flesh. And they operated on me and put me in casts, from my waist to my toes on both legs. It was a couple years later before I could walk. I had to have some operations on my feet and an operation on my eyes. In that time, I couldn't see well, but I thought to Isaiah 28. I knew my vision would be marred, my appearance, how I look and everything. So, anyway, I have the operations a couple years later and now I can walk, so I sold all my farms and paid $850,000 off in debt. 

I then built an 800-square-foot fallout shelter for my family. The next summer, a lady asked to come into our family and share the rest of our lives together. The females should ask who they want as their mate. Read Isaiah 3 and 4 about bald women and seven women with one man.

Visions of nuclear war...

I had visions of it (nuclear war) first when I was on the other side. I spoke with Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel and all those prophets. I talked with them as well when I got back from the veil ... I heard all the statements of all the prophets and I understood what they were saying, because of our conversations and things that they showed me when I was in the coma for three weeks.

Everyone should read Obadiah. It's only 21 verses, but it shows everything that is happening in Israel right now and the larger world. People should especially read verse 10 and verse 18. 

We're on the cusp of World War III, and the reason I know that is that I've had a number of visions in broad daylight, which I began to see after I had been back from my coma.

I had my farm, and I was over in California one time and I saw a mushroom cloud rise up above me, and I watched it until I could see it in my truck rearview mirrors. I  had driven 20 miles past it in broad daylight, in traffic on Interstate 15, off the bottom of Cajon Pass in California. I've also had visions a number of times here in Utah. Near Christmas the days are very short. I've spoken about what I have seen on many continents, I've spoken in Europe and South Africa, Canada, Guam and in the United States.

Staying safe from fallout...

You can build shelters at home, you can stay safe at home for around $100. Sacks, white potato sacks, from the farmer, from the yard or garden, fill them with yard and garden soil, not sand, and stack them around under around rooms and at the edges of your kitchen table. Also, on the top of the table. And then you have what they call shielding; every time you double the distance from radiation fallout, you quarter the deadly effect of the fallout. Also, put dirtbags, not sandbags around you where you sit or stand. Use only garden soil or flowerbed dirt.  

The most important thing is to cover your thighs on both legs, that's because there is greater amounts of bone marrow made in you thigh bone than say, your finger bone. The more density of shielding you have, and you want to have a couple 100 pounds per square foot, provides a way to stop gamma rays from spreading to your blood cells.

Parting words...

Do you know the word 'righteous' means? It means 'right-use.' And God is more righteous than I am. I have talked to people all over the world and tried to tell anybody that would listen on the radio to get on my website and learn how to live. God is going to kill people that I have tried to save, because God looks upon the heart, and He knows the background of people that I do not know. Now, let me ask you this...

Do you think the United States is a Christian nation? Or not? Yes, but are we also not a nation of pagans and heathens? Yes!

The answer is this, in Jeremiah 10: 'Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.'

Leland Freeborn can be reached at leland@parowanprophet.com
We can be reached at fundmentalistmag@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Opinion: Covenant symbols for covenant living - Finding the covenants in scripture

The 2nd (Hedlock’s wood) Facsimile of Abraham’s Hycephalus. By Chadwick LaVerl Hyde The most crucial aspect of our fundamental LDS religion ...